The Host Organising Committee for the Rotary International Convention 2014 looks forward to welcoming you to Sydney, Australia’s beautiful harbour city and host of the 2000 Olympic Games.
The Rotary International Convention 2014 will be held at Sydney Olympic Park from Sunday 1st June to Wednesday 4th June 2014. There will be plenty of exciting and interesting things going on during the Sydney Convention, only some of which will be at the convention itself.
We invite you to get out and explore our wonderful city and experience our Aussie culture first hand. This section of our site will help you uncover what’s on in Sydney and around our island nation during the 2014 Sydney Convention.
For information about Rotaract activities click here Rotaract Pre-Convention Meeting 2014.
For information about unofficial affiliated events such as Zone, Regional, Interest Group meetings, reunions, DG classes or language specific activities click here unofficial affiliated events.
Official HOC events
- Concert at the Sydney Opera House
- Great Aussie BBQ
- Rotary Restaurant Night
- Australian Rules Football (AFL) Match
- Host Hospitality Night
The Host Organising Committee are pleased to offer a range of special events designed to help you get a feel for how Aussies enjoy themselves, from the quirky Gnome Convention to meeting and spending time with Australian Rotarians and their families.
- Dream Team Dinner
- Hobbysew Shopping Experience
- Sydney Heritage Fleet
- Australian Ukrainian Friendship Night
- Vivid Sydney at Seymour
- Chooky Dancers at Seymour
- Art Gallery Cultural Tour & Tasting
- Indigenous Tour & Tasting
- Strictly Ballroom The Musical
- Party At Wildlife Sydney Zoo
- Australiana Banquet Parliament House
- World Record-Breaking BridgeClimb
- Coffee Cruise
- Tall Ship Harbour Cruise
- Corroboree on Sydney Harbour
- Feast on Sydney Harbour Cruise
- The Gnome Convention
Other things to do in Sydney
The 2014 Sydney Convention coincides with the spectacular Vivid Sydney where the iconic buildings and harbour foreshore come to life at night with brilliant illuminations and includes a dramatic centrepiece of the Sydney Opera House sails and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Your free transport pass entitles delegates to travel anywhere by public transport in a 150 mile (250 kilometre) radius of Sydney. Take a train to the World Heritage, Blue Mountains or north to Newcastle. Embark on a ferry trip to the world famous Taronga Park Zoo, where the animals have the best view in the world or glide down the fabulous Sydney Harbour on a ferry to Manly Beach.
- Dance at the Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Symphony Orchestra
- Free Sydney Walking Tour
- Sydney Film Festival
- Captain Cook Coffee Cruise
- Sydney Opera House
- Surfing Lesson at Bondi Beach
- Captain Cook Lunch Cruise
- Captain Cook Dinner Cruise
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Bondi Beach & Sydney Sights
- Magical Manly & Beyond
- Bondi to Bronte Walk
- The Manly Ferry
- Vivid Sydney
- More Activities